Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BIAC Fall Regatta

This weekend I rowed in a Masters Mixed-8 in the BIAC Fall Regatta.

Unlike so many triathlon's I have participated in, this event was relatively close to home. What a treat!

Chris, bless his heart, came with me to watch and we arrived with lounge chairs in hand to wait for the start of my event.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day, so lounging about wasn't a burden. About an hour before the event, my boat headed out to warm up. We had rowed together for the first time the day before and it was not pretty. My fear of a repeat quickly dissipated as we all fell into a groove and made our way to the start.

The BIAC course is technical, with many turns. We were fortunate to have a great coxswain who kept us perfectly on course as we made our way to the finish line. It was a great row. While we didn't win, we all were happy with our performance and had fun.

As we made our way back to where we had launched, I saw that my friend Ashli had joined Chris to cheer me on! A huge thank you to them both for their support.

This event was our last regatta of the year. We have practice for a few more weeks before we break for a month. While the rest of the team recharges, I intend to get going in my next Ironman battle and start training for California 70.3. Fun times.

4 comments:

Samantha said...

congratulations - nice pic! i haven't had the thrill of racing yet so i'm envious of your tales. was still out running when you launched so sorry to have missed this. dec 6 and my long running days will be behind me!! and i'll probably miss them a bit....

Donald said...

Very cool - you've got me all jealous.

Jessica said...

Congratulations! So very fun!!! I am sorry I missed it...I didn't realize it was the last race of the season.

No rest for the wicked, huh? Straight into 1/2 iron training. Well, if you want a running partner, and are looking to go longer and slower, I'm your gal these days. I've clawed my way back to an hour, but not moving too quickly...

Michele R. Unger said...

You look good in the boat, Jen! I love it that you are rowing again.

So, where will you run this weekend?