Sunday, October 11, 2009

Speeding Killer Bears

As the weather turns cooler, Chris decided we needed to enjoy one last weekend outdoors and we headed to Yosemite this weekend for an end of season hike.

On our way into the park, there was a sign that said "Speeding Kills Bears." I constantly harass Chris for not wearing his glasses and as we passed the sign he said:

"Speeding Killer Bears?"

I burst out laughing. I thought of speeding killer bears multiple times throughout the day, and burst into laughter each time I thought of it. I had visions of black and white bears, colored like Orca whales, chasing tourists around Yosemite at speeds of 80 miles per hour.

We survived the speeding killer bears, and enjoyed two hikes, the first around the Wawona Meadow and the second to Chilnualna Falls and back.

Chilnaulna Falls was beautiful. While there was little water, the falls were still stunning.

I always enjoy our adventures, and our beast of a day trip to Yosemite and back was no exception.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have to admit, when I saw that headline I was intrigued. Killer bears are bad enough, but when they are speeding - watch out!

Unknown said...

Haha, this is a charming coincidence... The exact same thing happened to me and my brother, although we weren't serious. I made this video based on the experience:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeH70fMWb-k