Sunday, February 8, 2009

George

I love George Hincapie. I have had a crush on him for years. He's my second favorite cyclist, behind Ivan Basso. My mother knows this well, as two years ago she was a sweetheart and spent four hours with me admiring both Ivan and George (I was doing the admiring, she was laughing).

And now I can say I rode with George, for approximately three-quarters of a mile.

George was in town to host a charity ride, in conjunction with the Tour of California, which starts in a week. I would have liked to have ridden with him a bit longer, but it was quite difficult to keep up with the 26 mile per hour pace. I didn't last long... but long enough to enjoy every moment.

Chris was out taking photos... he got some great ones.

Can't wait for next weekend, where hopefully I will catch sight of both Lance and George, while they partake in the Tour of California.

No comments: