Monday, June 7, 2010

The Sighting

I have known for some time that a Food Network Chef lives in the same town in which I make my home, however I had yet to see him, until this evening.

I've had pretty good luck as of late celebrity spotting at a really good restaurant a few blocks from my house... last time I dined there with friends we spotted a famous drummer.

As I was leaving this evening, I did a quick scan of the crowd until I locked eyes with none other than Tyler Florence. A bit mortified having been caught scanning the room, I departed the restaurant as quickly and gracefully as I could.

I really wanted to tell him how much I love his local kitchen store, however I refrained.

Soon, however, I will not be so restrained when I dine with my all time FAVORITE chef. I'm already sharpening my tongue as I'm going to need to be armed with many sassy remarks...

4 comments:

Michele R. Unger said...

Oh, honey, don't try and take on TB! He's a PRO and he's waaaay too old to be heckled by the likes of you. And don't turn your back on him, either! I don't trust him around my pretty little one...although I think you will have a VERY interesting time!

You must take me to Tyler's kitchen store some day...

Anonymous said...

Oh this is KILLING me.

Grove Street Journal said...

Don't worry, Mom... I know I'm an amateur around the likes of TB. And, I'll have protection, as Chris will be there too. ; )

My dear traveling friend... I am so sorry. I was so looking forward to it. However, we will just catch him when he comes back!!! There will be future opportunities... I am sure of it!

Anonymous said...

i was forced to meet him in his store since was buying a cookbook for a friend for xmas and the clerk asked if i wanted it signed since he was in the store (i was awe struck). he will not sign books unless he meets the buyer... i said no, thats ok, you can just get it signed i will wait (out of shyness) and he went back but came back with TF who introduced himself, asked who to sign it to... etc... BUT then he noticed in my grocery bag was some of his wine (part of the holiday gift) which was cool... but i was soooo shy and embarrassed ... i dont get star struck.. but with him for sure!!!