Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dress as Your Favorite Proposition

I went to a brilliant party this weekend.

My friends Dana and Brian hosted a "Dress as Your Favorite Proposition" potluck, where everyone chose a state or local ballot measure, dressed accordingly, and came ready to present the issue to the group.

I think it was a great way to educate others about propositions who might not take the time to review the official ballot guide. Who has time? It was a mile thick!

I chose Proposition 2 and arrived with a pig's nose in hand. (A fake one of course.) Everyone did a good job "educating" the group by sharing a summary of each of the statewide propositions. As there were 12, it took a while! Unfortunately, I was not able to stay for the San Francisco local ballot measures, which surely was entertaining due to the usual ridiculousness of San Francisco (case in point, a proposition to rename the local sewage treatment to the George W. Bush sewage treatment plant).

It was a great event, full of good friends and food. I have learned one can turn any event into a fun costume party!

No comments: