Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

These were our jack-o'-lanterns.

Now, being a child of the great Pacific Northwest, we often carved our pumpkins many weeks before Halloween and while a little mold might have developed here and there, it was nothing like the carnage that devoured our beloved jack-o'-lanterns.

In a week and a half they were DESTROYED. To the point that I had to toss them this morning as they surely would have scared the trick-or-treaters away.

Oh well... Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

Well the last two weeks have been quite warm, can't be good for carved produce left out on the porch. Warm no more though. Brrrr...I spent most of the day today training on the Dipsea trail. It rained the whole time!

Michele R. Unger said...

I didn't carve my pumpkin until about two nights' before Halloween, so mine has yet to get yucky. I have had them turn to sludge on me before, so I sympathize!

Hope your Halloween was fun, happy and full of candy.

Love,
Mom