Monday, August 31, 2009

Heat Wave

Last weekend it was so hot we had to escape our home... and we have air conditioning.

My Saturday started with a ride with my friend Rangsiwan and her husband, both of whom I am doing the Levi GranFondo event with in October.

Having received multiple emails from the GranFondo event organizers informing us how difficult the course will be, we thought it best to get a few long rides in before the event.

It was so hot during the ride that at one point we commented that it was like we were cycling into a hair dryer.

I was DEAD when I got home. I was drained and had absolutely no energy. It didn't help that the house was like 90 degrees. We had to escape, so we headed for the coast.

Our destination - Tomales Bay for some oysters. I knew it was cooler on the coast, having cycled there earlier in the day.

Oh my goodness, I have a new favorite food. BBQed oysters from the Marshall Store. I have thought of them at least once a day every day since. They were that good.

Too bad we drove all the way out to the Point Reyes Lighthouse only to discover the stairs closed an hour and a half before we got there...

1 comment:

Michele R. Unger said...

I love your post about your European trip, honey! You write as well as you photograph! I especially liked "where the buffalo mozzarella roam." GREAT description!

The photo of your niece is great, too. I'm glad the old buddies weekend was so much fun AND that you got to see your sister & her family.

And now you've made your plans to come home for Dad's birthday! Yippee!!!!

Love you.