Thursday, October 16, 2008

Goodness Gracious

While the roles have been reversed, today I felt as if I was having partial deja vu from a conversation that took place in June, 2007.

Chris: "All I have to say is this - Phil, Niece."
Me: "Niece? Our Phil?" (meaning Chris' family friend Phil who I got to know over the summer, whose time I was shooting to beat at IM CDA.)
Me: "What does Phil have to do with any of my nieces?"
Chris: "Ironman France. Nice."
Me: (Oh!) "When?"
Chris: "2009."
Me: (Without a pause) "OK."
Chris: "Sign up."

And I did. I don't know how I get myself into these things...

8 comments:

yaiAnn said...

Wha wha wha wha... WHAT?

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!!! I am signed up for CDA again since I could not find anyone who would do Japan with me in June. Planning still for Western Australia then in December (2009). Woo hoo! What coach will you use this time?

Michele R. Unger said...

Annie and I are sitting here at her table in the early morning thinking that it is obviously too late for a family intervention. You are beyond help. You do this for FUN???? AND you pay for it! (Annie's comment) We are aghast. Crew and Ironman.....

I'm proud. I'm worried. I love you.

Mom

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha.. I know, I know. I don't know what has gotten into me! I SWORE I was not doing an IM in 2009.

My mother told me this morning I am insane. I already know she's right... but at least I am in good company with all my other crazy triathlon friends! : )

As for Western Australia... ask me when I find out where Chris is headed for graduate school.

Rick Gaston said...

Sweet. You're so easy!

So I heard you and Chris may be helping out at the Northface 50 in December. That would be sweet.

Grove Street Journal said...

Rick, we will be there! : ) Cheers to Jessica for organizing!

Samantha said...

whhaaaaa? you go, girl. FRANCE!? wow. i had no idea you were so easily persuaded. hmmm, how can i use this knowledge to my advantage? :)

Jessica said...

Wow...another IM. I give you props. I soooo can't think about that yet! You're going to have an amazing summer - tough, but amazing! I'm happy to be there for moral support and long runs!