Monday, October 20, 2008

Nike Women's Marathon

Chris was originally going to support both me and one of his good friends as we ran the Nike Women's Marathon. Due to work and life, I opted not to race, and Chris decided to run half of the event with his friend, while I supported them.

As it was a Women's Marathon, Chris decided to have some fun. I knew it was going to be interesting when he called me and asked to borrow my pink Vineman top and asked if I had a running skirt.

I must admit that Chris looks good in a skirt! Thank goodness his legs are no longer shaved... that would have been just too much.

I biked along the course cheering on Chris and his friend, and kept my eye out for Ashli and Dian. Unfortunately, while I never saw them in the sea of 20,000+, Dian saw Chris.

I almost started crying from laughing when I received an email from Dian after the race, asking if it was possible that she had seen Chris running in a pink top and a white skirt. Indeed it was. Too funny.

7 comments:

yaiAnn said...

OH.MY!!

Rick Gaston said...

What the? What's that on Chris' face, the hairy stuff?

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... that furry stuff is a bet to see if he could keep a goatee until election day. I think I am losing this one... it's going strong.

Rick Gaston said...

Maybe he can keep it till Halloween, just think of all the costumes he can work that into. He could be a pirate, a three musketeer, a bond villain stroking a white cat....

Grove Street Journal said...

Ha ha ha... if he makes it a mustache he could be Mark Spitz!

Samantha said...

dude, he ROCKS that skirt!!! your boyfriend is funny. Rick, what do you think about that?! you've got the most famous legs I know - something to consider next time you're feeling less than competitive and ready to dress it up?! where do you find a white running skirt? i'm tired of my blue and blacks....

Grove Street Journal said...

Sam,

Nordstrom! It's a Nike skirt.

Chris informed me that it was actually quite comfortable, so I went out and got one myself!

Rick, I happen to know a guy that has a skirt if you want to try it out. ; )