Friday, June 5, 2009

Dave Scott

I first heard of the infamous "Dave Scott Workout" last year a few weeks before IM Coeur D'Alene. While my coach had other plans, athletes that were training with another local coach were given the workout. Rumor had it that it was quite tough.

My friends Dana and Samantha invited me to join them in their Dave Scott workout before Oceanside 70.3 earlier this year, however I was sadly out of town.

Dana and I randomly decided to do the workout on our own earlier this week (Dana, sweetheart that she is, agreed to do it just for fun!), yet the very next day after making our plans to do so, it was announced that it is Dave Scott Weekend! Now I will suffer among many.

Who is Dave Scott? Dave is a six-time Ironman World Champion. Clearly he is an expert.

What is the Dave Scott workout? The workout consists of a 20 mile bike ride, followed by a five mile run, followed by another 20 mile ride, followed by a 4 mile run, followed by another 20 mile ride, followed by a three mile run.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't sound that hard. I ride distances greater than 60 miles all the time, and I run 12 miles often as well. However, brick workouts are hard, and I know this one is going to be BRUTAL. Fun times await.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was excited to hear you would be joining us today!!! Looking forward to seeing you girlie!

MomPhD said...

You, my dear sister, are a LUNATIC.

Have fun!

Samantha said...

oooh! dave scott weekend?! i can't wait to hear about it! i had same thoughts as you - how hard can it be? not so bad, right? just loooong. :) viva la france!!!