Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What's with the Bear?

Last year, while in Coeur D'Alene for our first Ironman, my very thoughtful and kind friend Ashli sent Chris and I a huge bouquet of balloons to wish us good luck.

It was after we returned, when Ashli saw photos from the race, that she burst out laughing. "What's with the "Hope" Bear?" They were supposed to be good luck balloons!"

I imagine Coeur D'Alene was low on "good luck" items at that point, as our bouquet had congratulations, best wishes and other lovely sentiments mixed in among the good luck wishes.

The bear currently resides in my office. It struck me today that the bear is the perfect sentiment for this year's Ironman event... I am hopeful it's a good event.

2 comments:

Rick Gaston said...

I'm hoping so too!

Thank you, thank you for the kind words of support for my race. You and Chris rock!

Anonymous said...

thats awesome...