Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Celebrity Chef Spotting No. 4

Life has been a whirlwind as of late. Last weekend I found myself in Universal City for the California Political Attorney’s Association annual retreat.

Chris came with me, which was wonderful, not only to have him there, but because we were able to meet his parents for dinner on Friday evening to celebrate Chris’ birthday a few days early.

Continuing on our theme of celebrity chefs, it wasn't too surprising that we ended up meeting Wolfgang Puck while at dinner at Spago. It was lovely to visit with Chris’ parents, and we both felt spoiled, as were are going to see them again this weekend, as we will be in LA for the USC vs. Ohio State football game and the Malibu Sprint Triathlon. (Yes, the very same race Jennifer Lopez is doing.)

While I am not a fan of continuing legal education, which is the point of our annual CPAA retreat, it was nice to have Chris there and we had a very fun evening with other members of the firm. Most of the lively conversation revolved around harassing one of our partners. It was quite entertaining.

All of the members of our firm in attendance also spent an afternoon at Universal Studios. While I found Universal Studios not all that exciting, it was fun to spend an afternoon with my colleagues and their significant others outside of work. My favorite moment was on the Jurassic Park water ride and somehow everyone got soaked but me. (This is because I am brilliant and wore a baseball cap.)

I did NOT enjoy the Simpson’s “roller coaster” ride, as by this point I was feeling a bit queasy after our first roller coaster ride (a real one) and being jarred around in place was not fun. (The Simpson’s roller coaster is a simulated ride – you feel like you are on a roller coaster, when in fact, you are simply in a roller coaster car that stays in place.) All and all, however, it was a great retreat and a good weekend, even if most of it was spent in class.

I returned to work for one day before I jetted off to Washington DC for less than 24 hours for a client meeting.

While I am very much looking forward to this weekend, I cannot wait to spend some time at home, so I can settle into the new place a bit. I haven’t been home since I moved in!

Next up, the Malibu Sprint Triathlon. While normally a sprint wouldn't cause me a moment’s pause, this race should be interesting since I haven’t worked out in two in a half months. A less than brilliant plan, I know. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

yaiAnn said...

You know, the older I get, the more time it takes me to settle down after a roller coaster.. damn that thing we call age! Have a great time this weekend!

Michele R. Unger said...

I'm glad you had some fun last weekend and got to meet another celebrity chef (since you seem determined to collect the whole set!). I hope the sprint this coming weekend is fun and that you don't injure yourself! Be careful...cluck, cluck, cluck.

I'm jealous of Chris' parents. I wish I got to see you both two weekends in a row!

Love,
Mom