Sunday, September 28, 2008

Tennessee Valley

While I should have spent the weekend at the office, I did not. While I have probably doomed my next week, it was worth it, as I had a wonderful, restful weekend. Exactly what I needed.

Chris and I crossed a million little tasks off of both our lists this weekend. That's always a nice thing to do.

The house is dressed for fall. We purchased our pumpkins! Last year I was sad that I didn't carve a pumpkin for Halloween, so this year we set out early. I am ready with a beauty.

I went to pilates for the first time in almost a year. Pilates after a year off does not feel good.

Today my friend Ashli introduced me to a part of Marin I had never been. I love that I still discover the area in which I live, even though I have lived in the Bay Area for 4+ years. After we met for brunch, we had a lovely walk down to Tennessee Beach, accessible only by foot or bike. It was a perfect little post-brunch walk -- about a 5K out and back.

While it was foggy, it was still beautiful. There were so many people out there. I cannot believe I hadn't been after witnessing the number of people in the know! But then again, it was only last year that I discovered Rodeo Beach, one of my favorite places in Marin. And, I have yet to make it out to Muir Woods... something that has been on my list for years.

I was really nice to spend some time with Ashli catching up and planning our next triathlon -- California 70.3. A good goal to keep us going through the winter (not to mention the running events we have both signed up for).

Best part about the weekend -- AMAZING RACE IS BACK! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Rick Gaston said...

You've never been to Tennessee Valley Beach? I guess that's understandable when you ride more than you run. Those new trail signs look slick, they've put in some work on those trails this past year.